The Overwhelmed Brain
Summary: Anxiety, depression, fears, obsession, panic, or any relationship, marriage or family issues, this show will help you achieve less stress and more happiness. Become empowered and honor yourself so that you can make decisions that are right for you. Mindfulness, compassion and being in the present moment are only components of a bigger picture. Live authentically and strengthen your emotional intelligence to avoid emotional abuse. Get to the root of emotional issues with solid relationship advice and personal help. If affirmations don't work and you're tired of being told to "think positively!", start listening to this show for a better life.
Whatever fears, pain, shame, guilt and other negative emotions are lingering inside of you are preventing you from reaching empowerment and walking the path of enlightenment. This episode is all about starting that path and releasing the stream of negative emotions that may be flowing through you.
If you're stuck in a state of constant fear, what can you do to become more fearless and more confident so that you can feel good instead afraid of what's around every corner?
If you've ever come out of a relationship feeling unlovable and unworthy, it's time to consider the source of this false belief and how you are sabotaging yourself for future relationships. Also, I read an email about conditional versus unconditional love and just what makes up love anyway.
What happens to the relationship if after you make life plans together, one of you changes their mind? I received a letter from a woman who said that she and her husband planned on having a baby, but he has now changed his mind and no longer wants one. There's a lot to discuss in this very challenging topic.
1. That one decision you regret that changed your entire life for the better… or would it have been worse? 2. You lose the love of your life, now you know you'll never be happy again. Can you recover from losing "the one"? 3. You filter you everything you do through certain criteria. Is that filter serving you?
What are the best life lessons to learn along your journey? How do you know what your next step is? What if you're a little too introverted and can't seem to find the courage to take steps that you believe you need to take? Matthew Bivens and I have a discussion about this in this special mid-week show.
Cheating might be the end of most relationships, but many couples have survived and thrived after the affair. There are many components to infidelity. In this episode, I explore the basics of cheating and what will allow your relationship to survive and heal after the affair.
One huge mistake can change your life. When it's time to make up for that mistake, prioritize what's most important. Sometimes that means losing something you love. Controlling someone causes them to seek their needs from someone else. What starts off seeming to be the only way to get what you want them to do turns into the very thing that drives them away What do narcissists do that makes them so cunning? A little taste of the narcissist in this third segment will help answer those questions.
1. If your brain or your heart closes up at the thought of sharing your feelings about someone else, this first segment is for you. 2. It's vital to have someone or somewhere to express the deep negative emotions. Finding that safe person with whom to share your shame, guilt and fears may be just what you need to heal. 3. How do you get past criticism? I read a negative review of the show, then do something a little different on overcoming criticism.
1. What do you do when you lose your mentor? Here's a trick you may think is a little out there. 2. What is the biggest problem in your relationship? Cheating or worse? To heal, you may have to work on something else first 3. You can only control you.
Have you ever listened to a motivational teacher to the point where you were ready to make huge changes in your life, but after a couple days you lost all that motivation? Motivational teaching is great for building you up, but where do you go after you come back down? Matthew Bivens joins me and we talk about wisdom and when everything in life is failing.
1. When you get angry or upset toward someone else, how quickly do you recover? Would you like to recover faster and get into a better space? I'll walk you through questions you can ask yourself that lead to change. 2. How do you feed the dysfunction of others? If you get into emotionally abusive relationships but can't figure out how to stop the abuse, you may be part of the cause. 3. You can commit to someone then re-evaluate that commitment when they don't hold up their end of the bargain.
1. If you want to change someone's life, sometimes all it takes is a heartfelt "Thank You" or compliment. But not in passing. A thank you or compliment that makes them stop and process it can be quite powerful. 2. If you are dealing with insecurities about yourself, this segment and the final segment will help you start to heal from them. I reveal one of my own insecurities for the first time on the public airwaves.
1. Without a history of breakups, your first major one can seem devastating and life ending. I help the newbie get through all the effects of the first major heartbreak. 2. When you think your relationship is horrible and you find yourself taking up all the slack for your deadbeat other half, are you creating your own misery? 3. When the person you are going to marry is telling you what to do with your money, do you feel uncomfortable? Are you being manipulated?
Do you value what your partner values? If not, you may be in for a rude awakening when they suddenly get upset with you for seemingly no reason. What's important to you may not be important to them, and vice versa, but it might be a good idea to make it important to you since your relationship's longevity may depend on it.