Politics Politics Politics
Summary: Justin Robert Young announces his intention to dissect the run for the White House. Just think, while you been getting down and out about the liars and the dirty dirty cheats of the world you could have been getting down to this sick beat.
- More Americans think China is an enemy post COVID-19 and both Biden and Trump are portraying each other as soft on Xi. Is China becoming an issue that can move voters? Or is Biden chasing it a trap? - In what I believe to be a first, a sitting congressman currently running for re-election in November had his world turned upside down because his mistress revealed their affair... via her own narrative podcast. - Interview with Dr. Lisa Keränen about the language used in politics about illness. Learn why it's good news when politicians go from calling a pandemic a monster in the bushes to calling it a raging fire.
- Hours of research has finally unearthed a reasonable theory of what Obamagate is. Also, why it might be a successful strategy for Trump in the general. - Benjamin Waterhouse and Lee Vinsel join the show to discuss America's troubled history with "experts" and how COVID has affected it. - Your emails including why Woodrow Wilson getting the Spanish Flu might have caused World War II
- Actual politics! HOORAY! An election happened and we debate if it means anything or not - If Trump got sick from the Vid, he wouldn't be the first president felled by a pandemic. In fact, he would certainly be able to recover with less pressure on him. The story you will be pissed you didn't know before you heard it here! - Interview with Cindy Cohn of the Electronic Frontier Foundation about the dangers of technical solutions to COVID and her organizations work to help protect digital rights.
- The 1958 pandemic killed over 100,000 Americans but you've never heard of it and it didn't have political ramifications. What the hell? - Tara Reade breaks her silence in TV interview - Embarrassing political skits for campaigns - Interview with Mindy Romero ( Director of the California Civic Engagement Project at the Price School of Public Policy at the University of Southern California) about the viability of mail-in voting
- Hyperbole-Free Coronavirus Update - Justin rants about a few stories that were awful and actively made the world dumber during a pandemic - After daring to ask Twitter what they love and hate about politics, Justin seeks to illustrate how political ads succeed and fail in taking advantage of the results - Andrew Heaton (Political Orphanage) rants
- Hyperbole-Free Coronavirus Update - Biden broke his Tara Reade silence, we have the full breakdown - Coronavirus death toll slowed a little but Trump is getting into the political danger zone - Interview with Joe Uscinski about COVID conspiracies big and small
- Hyperbole-Free Coronavirus Update- Some states open fast, others open slow but all we want to some transparency on how we get there- Biden's new Tara Reade talking points might have made a bigger mess- Interview with Trevor Hoppe about the history of criminalizing illness in America and why we need to be careful about how we do it now.
- Hyperbole-Free Coronavirus update - Trump's "suggestion" to inject disinfectant - Kemp's political future after reopening Georgia - A glimmer of hope from New York? - The list of drugs found in the hotel room of the Andrew Gillum scandal - Breaking down the Mayor of Las Vegas' CNN interview with Paul Mattingly, Matt Donnelly and Jacob Smith from Ice Cream Social
- Hyperbole-Free Coronavirus Update - If the escalating COVID death toll doesn't slow in the next week like it's supposed to, is Trump screwed? - The outrage scammers who are creating discord for fun and profit - Interview with Professor Osamah F. Khalil about this history of oil in the Middle East and how it became forever tied to American politics - We begin our two-week Campaign Undertaker giveaway of Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign memorabilia.
- Hyperbole-Free Coronavirus Update - Interview with Christopher McKnight Nichols (Director of the Oregon State University Center for the Humanities) on the history of American Isolationism - Interview with Rick Hills (NYU Law Professor) about the powers of the federal government in times of crisis. - Your emails!
- Hyperbole-Free Coronavirus Update - Joe Biden's endorsement parade - Andrew Heaton joins us to talk about Justin Amash and if his Never Trump Libertarian campaign helps or hurts the president. - Dave Levinthal joins to talk about Q1 fundraising, the wreckage of Bloomberg and the Kamala Harris clues that point to a possible VP nom
- Hyperbole-Free Coronavirus Update - Trump drops his second Biden ad and a very brutal pattern has already emerged - Are we on track to reopen parts of the economy in May? - Interview with Graham Mooney of Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine about the history of public health in the age of pandemics - Mail bag
- Hyperbole-Free Coronavirus Update - Remembering Bernie 2020 - Interview with Tim Merritt (brother of Tom) who actually voted in Wisconsin yesterday - Elizabeth Warren swag giveaway - Interview with Jack Allison about the end of Bernie, state of the DNC and Biden v. Trump
- Hyperbole-Free Coronavirus Update - Is a National Shelter At Home order possible? What hurdles does it have to clear? - China lied - Wisconsin Primary pushed? - An interview with Barbara Martin about her Instagram account @WeThePeeple about her politically-themed Peep dioramas.
DONATE: United Way NYC unitedwaynyc.org/covid19 - Hyperbole Free Coronavirus Update - For the first time we have a federal projection into how many people will die from COVID-19 and it's very grim. We discuss the reality of the situation and touch on the political physics that will come from it. - For real though? Wisconsin is really going to have polling places where people vote in a week? - China is lying about the number of cases and deaths from COVID-19 according to the multiple intelligence sources. - Interview with Dan Hopkins about the nationalization of politics and why that is both good and bad for our modern plague problem.